All businesses want to streamline their ability to create, publish, and manage digital content. However, in an effort to simply choose a one-size-fits-all solution, many businesses leap before they research. To help you find the right online Content Management System (CMS) for your current and future needs, we have gathered together a few must have features and benefits of a content management system.
Must Have Features Of Your Online Content Management System
A CMS should be a manageable user interface that effectively streamlines your ability to create, modify, manage, and publish digital content to audiences of all sizes. In order to achieve the latter goal, your selected CMS should have the following features. The better the features, the better the benefits of a content management system.
- Flexible Content Repositories. — Your CMS should be a catalyst for your business’ growth. However, in order to help your business grow, your CMS will need to have a flexible content repository. This means that your marketing department should be able to easily access any type of content that is uploaded to your CMS. The repository of content should be stored in a structured fashion that streamlines search efforts.
- Open API. — API (Application Programming Interface) is needed for the exchange of data between different technological systems. With an open API, your CMS will be able to integrate smoothly with internal and external systems. In other words, through an open API you will be able to more easily upload your contact information, update your business lists, and create targeted multi-platform campaigns that can be sent to your identified audience personas without having to jump through technical hoops.
- Content Personalization. — A CMS should make it easier for you to create customized marketing campaigns. In fact, there shouldn’t be a limit on your ability to deliver customized multimedia packages.
- Permission Controls. — It is no secret that organizations have varying types of job roles within departments. In this vein, your CMS should have permission controls that match a user’s skill sets, job role, and capabilities. For example, you might want some writers to become authorized publishers, while others are only allowed to publish content to certain parts of your website. Through permission controls you can maximize the skillsets of your employees, while simultaneously increasing productivity levels.
- Easy To Use. — A CMS should be easy to use. This is a plain and simple truth. Your employees should not have to jump through hoops to upload their multimedia files, create media packages, or target segmented business lists. Whether it is a centralized dashboard or the ability to publish marketing campaigns from a smartphone, your CMS should make life easier not harder for your marketing and sales teams.
The Benefits Of A Content Management System
The right CMS should help your business create, manage, modify, and publish successful content marketing campaigns. In fact, a CMS should deliver the following benefits.
- Increased Efficiencies. — Streamline publication efficiencies with the right CMS. Look for a simple solution that will reduce publication time and save your business money.
- Improve Your Search Engine Ranking. — A website that is filled with fresh, high quality content will have a higher search ranking than one that is stagnant. A CMS should help you to improve the usability of your site, while simultaneously making it easier for you to publish the high quality content that will keep you on the first page of search engine results.
- Expand Your Business. — Whether you want to add a company blog, create a dedicated customer service forum, or cross sell products via multiple channels, the right CMS can help you to expand your business. Make your brand a household name and industry leader with a bigger digital footprint. In fact, the right CMS will seamlessly connect your social media accounts to improve your reach, connect with your customers, and create a united online presence that puts the needs of your customers first.
- Manage Your Digital Marketing Strategy. — The right CMS will deliver the tools that you need to simplify and enhance your digital marketing efforts. From helping you to implement SEO best practices to publishing email, blogging, or social media campaigns, a CMS is the solution that you need to more effectively implement and manage your digital marketing strategies so that you can consistently promote a positive brand image.
- Improve Customer Service. — We live in the digital era where the customer is always right, expects an instantaneous response, and is always connected. Your CMS should help you to improve your customer services through FAQ pages, dedicated help sections, and support forms. Creating an improved customer service experience begins when your customer knows that you will always be there no matter the time of day or chosen digital communication platform.
Leverage The Power Of A CMS Today
Isn’t it time that your customers received the personalized attention that they deserve? Isn’t it time that your sales and marketing teams felt like they were in the same room as your customers? The short answer is “yes.” The right answer is, “yes, now you need to invest in a CMS that is designed to meet your current and future needs.” Don’t delay, look for a CMS that has the features and benefits your business needs to reach new heights as you connect with current and prospective customers via digital publications.