There are numerous reasons to be active on social media. However, if you want to improve your brand’s visibility then you need to take advantage of all that social media platforms have to offer. From Quora, where you can become an active member of an industry discussion, to Tumblr where you can comment and share various blog posts, social media platforms can and should be used to help you grow your brand’s digital footprint.
Leverage the power of blog posts and comments.
If you want to improve your digital footprint, then Tumblr or WordPress might be your social media platforms of choice. Through comments and blog posts you can place your company and brand in front of a wide ranging audience. In addition to sharing your expertise with an active audience, you can also use either social media platform to generate SEO-benefiting backlinks.
Create a unified social media presence across the “big four.”
If you want to improve your company or brand’s visibility, then you need to ensure that your social media presence is consistent. Keep the following tips in mind as you comment, like, share, retweet, and otherwise converse with current and potential clients on social media.
- Twitter is the ideal platform for commenting on industry news in close to real-time. Make sure that you join the conversation in a meaningful fashion that supports rather than tarnishes your brand.
- LinkedIn is the professional social media platform that will help you to connect with other businesses as well as professional associates. Use LinkedIn to comment on and post blogs, white papers, articles, and press releases.
- Google+ can be used to professionally improve your customer and business to business connections. In addition, this social media platform can be used to improve your company’s SEO ranking.
- Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms. Through a designated profile page, promoted advertisements, and the ability to glean valuable customer insights, Facebook is the ideal platform for establishing and improving your digital footprint.
Leverage the power of a good photograph or video.
Recent consumer studies show that social media posts using visual content are 40 times more likely to be shared. Make sure that your photographs, videos, and subsequent posts properly represent your brand. The following social media platforms are the ideal choices for sharing visual content with businesses and customers:
- Pinterest is the perfect platform to share infographics on business-related topics.
- Instagram is an incredibly popular social media platform that can be used to promote your company through photographs, videos, and even a hashtag campaign.
- YouTube is one of the most visited websites on a daily basis. Before posting YouTube videos, make sure that you have built your company’s profile, decided how you will cross-promote your videos, and determined if you will let people comment on your videos.
- Vimeo features a clean layout and caters to professional videos. It reduces the “fluff” and advertisements often found on YouTube, which makes it easier for your audience to find the content they want to watch, including your videos.
With these social media tips at the ready, you can and will improve your social media presence, while simultaneously enhancing your connection with businesses and customers.